Who Is Making Our Roads Unsafe?

Much of my time is spent driving on highways for work, and I'm shocked to see how careless drivers have become. Where I live it is like the left hand lane is the autobahn in Germany, not the passing lane which it is meant to be. Not many drivers including myself actually go the speed limit, but if the sign reads 60 miles per hour, going 70 miles per hour is acceptable to the police. However, watching people zoom by me regularly in all-weather going 90-100 miles per hour is deplorable. The situation is if you need to switch lanes because a driver has his/her hazards on at the side, there is always someone coming-up like a rocket. When you switch they now tailgate expecting you to move faster, even though your going the 70 miles an hour. Who are the real culprits making our road unsafe... ?

The answer in all fairness is all of us, but I've noticed a few that make it that much more. Maybe this will not make me popular, it's not sexist but the truth. Ladies seem to be very impatient driving, and being on the road so much the ratio is 1-3 women speeding by me over men. I find them to be very aggressive drivers cutting people off, no consideration for others on the road, even with kids in their back seats. I get it fast busy stressful lives, but ladies really!!

Next are people from other countries, I don't blame them they have been taught to drive somewhere else, different rules of conduct when driving. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea making drivers education mandatory for those who immigrate here. Learning our rules of road, and not driving like they're still in their countries.

There are many amazing truck drivers out there who follow the rules, are considerate, and maintain the speed limit of 60 miles per hour. According to what I've heard where we live, they also have governors in the trucks not allowing them to go over the speed limit. However, what I don't get is those who seem to be able to speed. These folks do it in the worst weather passing fast blinding other drivers in the right lanes this is not safe for anyone driving. Also passing a truck a head of them doing 60 miles an hour at what seems 65 miles an hour makes no sense to me as well.

We all know that a vehicle is a weapon that can kill people, why are we playing the odds with ours and other people's lives. Perhaps if we leave earlier we wouldn't be in such a rush all the time, if more police were on the highways I guarantee speeds would be reduced, or simply being a responsible citizen following the laws of the road. I just think there are too many senseless deaths on the roads today that could have been avoided driving more careful. I know the insurance companies focus on men 18 to 25 who have the most accidents. That doesn't mean a huge percentage of population isn't driving as reckless, just lucky not getting injured or killed as much statistically.

No comments:

BTBY

Popular Posts